I am hoping my blog will gather comments from others in the Industrial Technology (or as we "Old Guys" remember it, Industrial Arts) teaching field. i welcome any and all comments.
I have been an Industrial Arts teacher since I was 2, or at least I always wanted to be. My Dad taught IA for 37 years so I have been around it all my life. I got a quick certificate in Mechanical Drafting and Design and went to work in indusrty for a while. I graduated from Winona State university (Happy Valley Teachers College)in 1978. In '78 you could not buy a teaching job anywhere. So I went back into industry. In '87 I went back to school to get an Elementary Ed degree. No luck there with a job either! When I returned from Desert Storm, I finally got a job teaching Industrial Arts. I now have about 6 years left.
No comments:
Post a Comment